Starting with the 2016 fall semester the Academy/DPHA was invited to coordinate the Medical Lecture Series at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the Wilmington Campus of the University of Delaware. This lecture series dates back as far as 2003, and was organized by the late Robert B. Breteton, MD.
For the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 lectures Tim Gibbs, executive director of the Academy/DPHA, was joined by Ralph Milner, MD to provide leadership continuity. Dr. Milner’s leadership was greatly appreciated.
The Fall 2017 lecture series will include the following topics (click here for more information):
- Back Pain and Physical Therapy
- Bone Health
- Kidney Transplant
- Migraine Headaches
- Cardiology – then and now
- Pelvic Conditions and Urogynecology
- Human Subject Protection
- Being Mortal – Medicine, and what matters in the end
- Health System
- The Path to Becoming a Physician
- Adult Vaccines – Latest Updates, and the science behind them
- Gene Editing
To attend, participants must be a member of other Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Community. For more information and to register, please visit http://www.lifelonglearning.udel.edu/wilmington/