The Academy/DPHA is dedicated to its mission of educating the next generation of public health and health providers in Delaware while promoting a “health in all policies” approach to public health. To further this mission, the Academy/DPHA will:
- Partner with educational institutions throughout the state
- Work with students of many different backgrounds and interests (health sciences, anthropology, business, law, health care economics, media and communication, etc) to further their education and spark their interest in the field of public health
- Provide learners of all ages and backgrounds a unique and stimulating opportunity to discover the role public health plays in our Delaware community
In order to apply for a student internship position with the Academy/DPHA, the student must be a student of an academic institution (high school, college, university, or graduate school), and submit a resume or curriculum vitae for review by the internship coordinator. A survey will then be sent to the student regarding what type of internship experience they hope to acquire, as well as any requirements for internship from their academic institution.
The student will meet with the internship coordinator of the Academy/DPHA to discuss in person the internship position, time requirements, and deliverables of the internship. Working together, the internship coordinator and the student will come up with an internship experience that satisfies any academic requirements the student may have, while offering the student the chance to further their education in the field of public health.
If you have any questions, or to submit your resume/CV, please e-mail our internship program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Internship Topics
The Academy/DPHA internship program is unique, in that our interns pick their own public health topic to research. Previous topics include:
- Chronic Disease
- Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome
- Immunizations, HPV
- Meals on Wheels
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Public Health / APHA Policies
- State Health Improvement Plan / Maternal and Child Health
- Trauma Informed Care / ACES